Monday, November 2, 2009

i want to ignore what i know

I know I have lots of work to do. I KNOW I have to wake up tomorrow at 6:20am to go to work and therefore should use tonight wisely and do some of my work before a stupid unreasonable hour. I KNOW that I have 2 more assignments to write, one being worth 60% of my final mark. I know that the 60% assessment includes 2 essays, both of which I've only just barely only started researching for. I know that on Saturday night I will be attending a Ladyhawke concert to bask in her brilliant music/drool from a safe distance, therefore I know that that means an entire night will be wasted and that means I will have so much less valuable time to finish these assignments.

I KNOW ALL THIS.

And yet.

All I want to do is go shopping (I need clothes so bad. Not just basics, but birthday outfits. Argh. Desperate) and watch movies in air-conditioned conditioned comfort. I haven't been to the movies in ages (well, I saw This Is It on Friday, but I mean going by myself. Note: That is my FAVOURITE EVER EVER activity, movie-going alone. Scoff if you will, I know I am a happier person than you because of it) and I have soooo much to do but I can't help thinking of all the joy I'm missing out on. Normally, because I go so often, there is only one option left to me when I go to the movies. Now, I have to squeeze all these in asap:










And this, again.

Huna, I might save Whip It for you, and I might save Parnassus for a day when I feel like crying and being depressed. I think Julie + Julia wins for tomorrow. I want to go to a happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment