Friday, November 27, 2009

why haven't I been drunk since my birthday?

Ok so it turns out in 2 days my family can be quite productive. House has been cleaned, yard has been cleaned, pergola is almost completed but entirely acceptable, fairylights have not only been purchased but hung in the yard, decorations are prepped and ready to be simply placed on tables etc, flowers ordered (lisianthus, hydrangeas, peonies in case you were wondering), marquis assembled, outfit ready, punch bowl + cake stands sourced, projector delivered and working, etc ETC. And let me tell you, there was a lot of 'etc'. But it's pretty much done. Dreadful anxiety replaced by excited nerves. Yay. Oh! I even found a fab vintage floral glass tray. It is awesome.

However, pretty much no-one has r.s.v.p.-d to my beautiful invitations. I wish old-school courtesy still existed. Why am I whining about all this in my blog? None of this is really a 'want'. I guess I just sort of want it to happen and be done with it. It is stressful organising a party. I don't know why - surely the people who love me will not be judging the flower arrangements tomorrow night (though obv, I totally would in the same situation and it would be entirely expected of me I'm sure).

Seriously though, I can't wait to see everybody tomorrow. My party playlists are ready to go MJ + ABBA each get their own allocated party hours.

I also really really really want everyone to enjoy themselves and either a) remember the night filled with fond blissful experiences or b) forget everything that happened in a drunken stupor.

Wish me luck!

P.S. I want to be uber rich one day so that the fantasy parties I plan in my head can out-fabulous P. Diddy's. Life would just be better and easier if I had unlimited resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment