Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globes Memorable Moments

And finally, for my Globes wrap-up I shall finish with my top 10 Memorable Moments from the broadcast.

10. Giuliana Rancic is a class act
I've always liked Giuliana and thought she was a great red carpet interviewer, and coincidentally I've always hated Adam Levine. So during their interview when he was being a smug sanctimonious douche, I was astounded at how Giuliana was able to not only keep her cool, but actually continue to be sweet and try and keep the conversation going. I probably would have told him to suck it, and be happy he was getting any air time at all. I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again today: show some respect you asswipe. If you can't placate and go along with a lady battling cancer and a double mastectomy you need to sit yo ass down. Found the video:


9. Peter Dinklage
A moment of Peter Dinklage is a moment of win. Especially as he did actually win. And even though I was sort of backing Guy Pearce (I don't watch 'Game of Thrones' yet, so sue me), Dinklage made me smile with his acceptance speech and I was able to accept defeat graciously (I had to do this a lot throughout the night, but not everybody was as wonderful as Dinklage and so I felt a lot more bitter about it).


8. Jessica Alba has no career and subsequently, nothing to say
I laughed so.damn.hard. during Alba's red carpet interview with Ryan Seacrest (Gaycrest). I am so not on the Alba bandwagon, and much like Natalie Portman, I don't understand why people adore her. She's beautiful, yes, but she's vapid, talentless and she uses her kids for paparazzi shots constantly. You can avoid the paps if you want to, she chooses not to (see: Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Leonardo DiCaprio - all massive stars who largely manage to avoid getting papped). Anyway, the interview was hilarious because they plainly had nothing to talk about - she has no career to speak of, other than showing up, looking hot at events, and whoring out her kids. So they spoke about her kids and she asked him about his holiday. I can't find a video of it, but that's seriously it in a nutshell.

7. Ricky Gervais' Opening Monologue
Not as funny as last year, certainly not as scathing, but I still had a giggle. Might need to change it up next year though, he was way too nice to be asked back AGAIN. If the producers wanted him because of the controversy and the ratings last year, why shut him up this year?


6. Lea Michele pose-harding and loving herself sick
Oh my God. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Watching Lea Michele pose on the red carpet is hilarious and looks severely painful. But we covered this in my first blog. She needs to lighten up. This 'moment' is sort of split into two parts, because they have the same theme. During her interview with Ryan Seacrest she revealed her extreme narcissism again. It was so good. This is mainly because RyRy called her out on it. She swans up and immediately starts looking for the monitors and states "I always love coming here so I can see what I look like" to which Ryan responds with "boy you knew exactly where those were." OOOH. BURN. Skip to 1:20 for a glimpse of Leo and then Lea's interview.


5. Leonardo DiCaprio's general awesomeness and Scorsese bromance
Ummm. How hot did Leo look at the Globes? Dear Lord (Lady Gaga), I had shivers. There was one moment as they were going to a commercial break where the camera panned to Leo and he had one of those "oh shit, I'm on camera moments" and it was crazy adorable. I also just thought he was really, really cute when everyone was giving Scorcese a standing ovation and he was all clappy and grinning and awe.


4. Meryl Streep's acceptance speech
She was, quite clearly, shocked to win and therefore unprepared. So, of course, Clooney tried to help her by passing her glasses along to the stage and it was a bonus C-Bomb adorable moment. Even unprepared she managed to deliver a beautiful, gracious speech, thanking talented actresses who were not even nominated/present (like the lovely Mia Wasikowska). And then and then she thanked "God...Harvey Weinstein" and I almost died laughing. But the BEST part was when she thanked "everybody in England that let me come and trample all over their history" AND THEN THE CAMERA GOES TO MADGE!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my Harvey Weinstein, I almost died. DIED. (Because, um, she did exactly that with her stupid Nazi-sympathiser movie about Wallis Simpson). MERYL STREEP WINS AT LIFE.


3. Sofia Vergara. Everything about Sofia Vergara.
Can we just get Sofia Vergara to host everything, ever, everywhere? From her red carpet interview "She sends me dresses that they zip and they close" to her hilarious acceptance of 'Modern Family's award. Love her. Poor Julie Bowen, having to stand next to that.



2. Tina Fey video bomb
Tina was a little off last night, but she's still fucking awesome.Note: yes, I know both she and Amy were robbed. A lot of people were last night. Phew. It's a hard time, but I feel like we can all get through it.


1. ANYTHING WITH GEORGE CLOONEY IN IT, DUH. AND SUBSEQUENTLY BRANGELINA AND FASSY
Sooooo much great C-Bomb action last night, amirite??? From the cane, to the Brad bromance, to the Fassbender dick jokes...I mean, it was sort of Clooney's coming out. Which, by the way, I am totally cool with. But, before I get to those videos (no reason for me to write about it, George is better on film, always) I also want to give our man a different sort of props. I remember watching the red carpet live telecast and being absolutely downright shocked to see Clooney be interviewed so early on the red carpet. Like, I almost missed him. Folks this means that he was one of the first to arrive on the red carpet, and subsequently gave a shit-tonne of interviews. Yes, he is werking his Oscar campaign, but if you cast your mind back to 2011 you'll remember that it was Natalie Portman's year. She was a lock and she knew it. She turned up horrendously late to the Oscars and barely gave any interviews to any media outlet, not even taking advantage of her chance to shine a little spotlight for everybody else involved in the film, nothing. Clooney may be campaigning but he does it with a good attitude, a charming smile and gives good interview. So I DO want him to win, and I'll be happy for him if he does. Or Brad does. Or Fassy does. Or Gosling (as if, but still). Anyway, ENOUGH RANTING, onto the vids!

George Clooney makes fun of Brad's cane (skip to 0:50)


Full acceptance speech, bromancing Brad and coming out with his adoration of Fassy:


Thank you, once again, for making these things happen:



No comments:

Post a Comment