Wednesday, January 27, 2010

tennis anxiety: BE GONE!

Oh wow. I have to go to bed right now. Aside from the fact that I have work at 7am and I am opening up, I simply cannot sit through the Tsonga/Djokovic Australian Open quarter final. I am about to give myself a stomach ulcer.

As if dealing with Federer's match tonight wasn't bad enough (I am going to have a bruised lip tomorrow from biting down so hard and my breathing has yet to return to a normal rhythm) I began watching the Tsonga/Djokovic match. Apparently this too has been too much for me to deal with.

You see, I kind of like Djokovic. He is funny, talented, suitably in awe of Federer (once stating that if he, Djokovic, had been born in another era he could have been one of the great tennis players) and I like the youtube video where he impersonates all the tennis champs.

So I want Djokovic to win.
But I want Tsonga to win because I think he is less of a threat against Federer.
But I will feel so bad if Djokovic loses because I like him just a bit more. Oh. Em. Gee.

I'm going to bed now. Won't be able to sleep. Will be a zombie for work + first honours thesis meeting tomorrow. Argh.

P.S. OH BY THE WAY, THANKS CHANNEL 7 FOR NOT SHOWING ME TWO WHOLE SETS OF THE MATCH WHERE FEDS KICKED ASS.

No comments:

Post a Comment