Tuesday, June 15, 2010

MY MONEY BACK

Sometimes I truly hate living in Australia. I feel like the rest of the world thinks we are so far away that we are not connected to them in any way, shape or form.

Newsflash world:
Australia gets international tv shows like Gossip Girl and the Hills. And we are pretty much up-to-date.

You can drink water straight from the tap.

We are not retarded outback hicks who talk like Crocodile Dundee.

And we get the internet.

Today, as readers know, I embarked on my quest for the perfect coral lippy/nail polish. Found gorgeous nail polish at Kit, as expected. "Go Getter" is pretty uninspiring in the bottle (looks like a dark fluro orange) but it is divine on your nails. Also got a pale coral "Go Out" which is a pretty everyday version when you don't want too much colour. Both $15.95 (though I obviously got them for free when I successfully exchanged the awful mint green/powder blue combo I got last week).

I also found the perfect coral NARS lipstick. Two, in fact. My biggest problem was deciding on which one I liked better. I went with the darker, slightly pinkier one, "Niagara". It cost me $58. For one lipstick. That is $19 more than the last pair of shoes I bought (dark red, suede Nine West wedges - half price at $39).

Why did I buy it when it was so expensive? Because I am a giant idiot-head and it looked really pretty on me. Anyways, then I couldn't get the other one out of mind and checked it out online. NARS LIPSTICKS ARE $28 FROM THE NARS WEBSITE! THAT IS IN AUD! I am dy-ing. Of course, NARS doesn't ship outside the US but I have a plan for that. Totally going back tomorrow and returning my unopened $58 lippy.

Honestly. Did they think I wouldn't find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment