Wednesday, February 10, 2010

to be cooooool

Oh wow. I have had a lot to be happy about over the last couple of days. Firstly, the Saints won the Superbowl. I did not even know that I wanted them to win, or that I liked gridiron until after the half-time show. It was pretty fun watching them get a touchdown. But it was even better watching them intercept the Colts and THEN score a touchdown. Choosing a team was no mean feat by the way. You see I LOVE Kendra and Hank Baskett, but in the end I had to go with my surrogate family, the Kardassians.

Over the past few months I have also been contemplating the leopard print trend. Until recently, I had a great aversion to leopard-print. However, as my closet is largely monochrome (apart from a few splashes of navy, it IS monochrome), I have wanted to find a way to integrate colour without actually having to like, buy something red. So I bought a leopard print scarf yesterday and I'll be honest - I fucking love it. However, I want to wear it like NOW. But it is far far far too hot to even consider wearing it in this weather aside from like, as a headscarf. But I am not that brave. Summer, go away so I can be cool and wear leopard print.

OOOH also, on my to-do list for the next couple of days I am going to buy some shooooes that I found yesterday and haven't been able to stop thinking about. I love them. They are brogues, slightly metallic and cheap cheap cheap. I die.

AND FINALLY, someone I have been slightly infatuated with is Matthew Evans. He is a food writer for Grazia and just became slightly more accessible to me. You see, since Grazia went up to $6 I have refused to buy it(it is criminal. It is so not worth it. I am a major magazine buff and I KNOW it's not worth it). But it's ok now because Matthew Evans has his own fab website!!! I don't have to buy Grazia now! Go check him out, he writes brilliantly, he doesn't just spout recipes: http://www.matthewevans.net.au/home.php

P.S. the final FINALLY, I am getting this haircut on Saturday. Yippee I love haircuts! I want cool Alexa hair! And my new fave hairdresser Tenille will be the one to give it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment