Saturday, December 26, 2009

traditional christmas

Another Christmas has come and gone. The pope got tackled (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpDffQJjm9c), it was mildly cold, it rained, and I got few gifts. I sound ungrateful and I know it. However, JUST ONCE I would like to experience a traditional Christmas.

The kind of Christmas I imagine millions of people around the world experience. USUALLY in Australia (not yesterday though) it is blisteringly hot and sunny and we enjoy lots of champagne and seafood. But yesterday the weather was crap and I had like, one present to open on Christmas morning, so the whole day felt a bit...off kilter. Not BAD, just not like Christmas (actually it was a rather fun day).

Basically, what I am trying to say is that it is my dream to one day experience the kind of Christmas that involves:







Hmm. Maybe I'll marry an English dude. HEY RPATTZ WANT MY NUMBER?

P.S. My lacklustre mood has not been alleviated since watching THS specials for Heath Ledger and Natasha Richardson. The Heath one I have seen before but as with anything related to him, it really bummed me out.

P.P.S. I think I am becoming dyslexic. Writing this blog took foreverrr. I have never found it so hard to type, ever. Every second word had a typo - forgive me if I haven't fixed some.

P.P.P.S. Here's to a Happy New Year x

2 comments:

  1. I understand exactly where you're coming from... I know I seem ungrateful when it comes to the holiday season in general, but this one was...difficult to say the least. With a new baby, I should think that many people would have numerous bad opinions of me complaining so bluntly about how horrible Christmas was this year, but the fact truly is that Christmas with an 8 week old and having to travel to at least 6 (if not 7) different places in two days leaves me with not much else to base my feelings on. Blah. It pisses me off that Christmas has to be so stressful, and the stress isn't worth much when it ends up being less than dreamy - less than the traditional Christmas you speak of. =|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeugh that does sound painful. It really doesn't fit in with concepts of Christmas and what it is supposed to be - family, fun, relaxing etc. You're right it is too damn stressful and my expectations make it worse. Still...yay cute lil 8 week old babies!! (I am so clucky)

    ReplyDelete