I'm talking, of course, about beauty products. Sweet mercy, being in Sydney and going shopping has become SUCH a depressing past-time. Even applying makeup is sad sad sad because I'm constantly stressing that all my fave prods are about to run out. And when they do, I don't know if I can afford to replace them or if they're even available here. New York, HLA, Zoe Foster (for all your recs throughout the Primped site) I curse you for making me addicted to the good shit. And by that I mean moisturiser.
I feel particularly sad writing about this running out, because I'm sure the day is coming soon. You see, because I was such a loyal customer at Sephora (read: spent a shittonne of money there on my FIRST DAY in NYC), I received a great free gift. This gift was a Laura Mercier mini sampler pack, which included this. I'm too scared to see how much a full-size tube costs in Australia. Probably a bazillion dollars.
And now, products I've purchased that are nowhere near running out but are super rad that you should heaps get too if you're a) In NY or b) Rich:
LAURA MERCIER I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, I'M SORRY I DIDN'T REALISE EARLIER. FORGIVE ME. LET'S BE FRIENDS. YOU ARE SO PRETTY. This is the other contender for possibly greatest makeup palette ever. I believe it is called 'Book of Nudes'? It comes in a fancy pants snakesin (faux) cover too. Everyone suits nudes. Duh. This set is great for creating everyday daytime looks, smoky eye, in between, anything, anywhere, ever. You also get a cream bronzer, pinky coral cream blush (because, like nudes, it suits everyone, SEE?) and a cream highlighter. IT IS PERFECT. Get it. If you can. It cost me $48 American and it was worth every penny. Also because in Australia you might need to re-mortgage your house or forego a couple months' rent to get it. I know I sound like I'm exaggerating but seriously, Australian shopping sucks ass. I'm sorry, but it's true.
Quick list of things I didn't buy that I hate myself for not buying
- Sneakers. OHMIGOD that was one of the most important things I was supposed to get! Sacrificed these so I would save room in my luggage but really regretting it now. Ugh, can't believe I have to look for shoes here now, I mean, why even bother?
- More MAC brushes. I bought one ($17!!!!!!) and stupidly didn't think to get anymore. Then I got home and remembered some of them retail for $72 here, promptly kicked self.
- Another oversize silky black Topshop t-shirt aka the most perfect shirt in the history of the world. DUMB APH.
- More Revlon 'Just Bitten' textas (stains). I bought one ('Flame') and realised it was pretty great and that I got it for like 9 bucks and just...ugh. So silly. This thing is really like a giant texta and goes on like a stain. Which means it gives wicked lip definition without the use of pesky lipliner and keeps whatever you put on top + strong colour, in place. It is pretty drying though so I would definitely use something on top. Lip balm, NARS Love Devotion (no problems with this by the way, I bought 3 tubes), gloss, whatever. It'll stay. I want a pink one.
- MAC Pigments. Honestly, I'm giving myself a headache. HOW CAN I BE SO DUMB? I have 'Mauvement' which I love and yet I stupidly did not purchase any other colours in America. Like, really.
Also, I know, firstworldproblemsfirstworldproblemsfirstworldproblemsfirstworldproblemsfirstworldprob...
P.S. I keep having dreams where I'm in all these random places around the city (some I haven't even been to) and it doesn't help that seemingly every book I've picked up lately is set in the Big Apple. Columbus Ave, SoHo and Bleecker St are all frequent spots I've found myself in the middle of the night. This makes me so sad when I wake up and I realise I'm in lameshits CONCORD and there is nothing that cool and fun and pretty near me for like 10,000 miles (this is obviously a lie - Sydney is beautiful, but still). I am desperate to go back.
P.P.S. Also, I went to Eminem's concert on Friday (AMAZING) and I felt so, so, so sad when it was over. I want him to come back already. He was so intense and like, lucid, he gave me chills. Lucky I bought Kanye tickets that day too (Gold Standing Section) or I would be in the foetal position crying for Marshall. Still.
Phew. I should blog more often so I don't have to regurgitate so much at one time. If you read all that, congratulations, you have more time to waste than me. I love you. You look nice today x